Here are eight reasons you should vote no on Prop 8:
8. John McCain can look Ellen Degeneres straight in the face and reject her right to marriage.
7. Luckily, the big donors behind Prop 8 don't think stoning gays is a "necessity."
In 2004, Howard F. Ahmanson — who gave $900K to the Yes campaign — told the Orange County Register: "I think what upsets people is that Rushdoony seemed to think –- and I'm not sure about this –- that a godly society would stone people for the same thing that people in ancient Israel were stoned. I no longer consider that essential. It would still be a little hard to say that if one stumbled on a country that was doing that, that it is inherently immoral, to stone people for these things. But I don't think it's at all a necessity."
6. "Yes on 8" supporters are emptying out their savings accounts to defeat "teh gays"
"Pam and Rick Patterson have always followed teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and tried to live within their means. He drives a 10-year-old Honda Civic to his job at Intel. She is a stay-at home mom who makes most of the family meals and bakes her own bread. The couple, who have five sons between the ages of 3 and 12, live in a comfortable but modest three-bedroom home in Folsom. It's a traditional lifestyle they believe is now at risk. That's why the Pattersons recently made a huge financial sacrifice – they withdrew $50,000 from their savings and donated it to the Yes on Proposition 8 campaign, the ballot measure that seeks to ban same-sex marriage."
5. They are gracious enough to remind us that it's not about intolerance.
"Proposition 8 is NOT an attack on gay couples" –www.Protectmarriage.com "In August , the prophets added pages of elaboration: 'The Church has a single, undeviating standard of sexual morality: intimate relations are proper only between a husband and a wife united in bonds of matrimony.'"
4. They value America's workers.
"The (one million) YES on Prop 8 yard signs have been delayed in route from China."
3. Mormons love gays so much, they have pressured their 770,000 members to donate millions of dollars to pass Prop 8 and eliminate marriage rights:
If you're not listed on the massive searchable donor spreadsheets publicly available on this site, you must not be a good Mormon.
2. Their spokespeople want to extend the "equality" to elderly and sterile couples!
And, the #1 reason why you should donate to defeat Prop 8:
1. Religious wingnuts are packing Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego on November 1. And they are mobilizing millions across America at "TheCall.com" Watch the two-minute video here.